We at ShawChicago are SUPER PUMPED to bring you an all star cast for Bernard Shaw’s fine feminist farce, Misalliance! Directed by Barbara Zahora, travel with us and this Chicago all-star cast to 1909 when a woman broke through the glass ceiling! We are so excited to welcome Chicago theatre star Jack Hickey to our stage!
1. What is your role in Misalliance?
2. What is your favorite thing about your character?
He’s fun. Well read. He is whimsical and enjoys it.
3. What’s your favorite thing about acting?
Wow. The way a performance can be shaped and nuanced by the engagement and reactions of the audience.
4. What are you most looking forward to in this production?
Working with Barbara Zahora. Of course, I love working with Bob Scogin, and while I have acted with Barbara many times, I have not worked with her as a director, so I am looking forward to that.
5. If you could describe Misalliance in three words, what would they be?
Marriage, Women, Independence.
6. What’s your favorite food/s?
I would have to say steak.
7. When you’re not acting, what are you doing?
I spend as much time as I can with my three grandchildren.
8. Who’s your biggest inspiration?
So many really, Jonathon Winters, Dustin Hoffman, Robin Williams, Peter O’Toole.
9. What is your favourite play and why?
My favorite Shaw play is Candida, maybe Shaw’s most romantic play. My all time favorite play is Cyrano de Bergerac, by Edmond Rostand. About a man who is so amazing, as a soldier, poet, musician, friend and yet because of one flaw, in his case his big nose, he is insecure about speaking to the woman he loves. I think we all have a flaw like that, maybe not so obvious, but it’s such a shame to let those insecurities get in the way of happiness.
10. Anything you want to say to the audience?
Thanks for supporting us. Help us spread the word. Make ShawChicago a household name!