Welcome Patrick Lane!
We at ShawChicago are SUPER PUMPED to bring you an all star cast for Bernard Shaw’s fine feminist farce, Misalliance! Directed by Barbara Zahora, travel with us to 1909 when a woman broke through the glass ceiling! Meet Cast member Patrick Lane, who will be making his ShawChicago debut!
1. What is your role in Misalliance?
2. What is your favorite thing about your character?
Well, it’s very enjoyable to dive into a character who has very strong opinions. Whether those opinions are ludicrous, or the credo of the next young hope of the middle class, it’s always fun to grapple with “convictions.”
3. What’s your favorite thing about acting?
I enjoy finding the way in to the character and the world of the play. Figuring out how I relate to that person, in those circumstances, is the fun bit that makes me feel like Sherlock Holmes – but obviously way less cool.
4. What are you most looking forward to in this production?
I think the style of this production gives us, as actors, even more opportunities than usual to play. It should be fun to see how far we can stretch the confines of this time period.
5. If you could describe Misalliance in three words, what would they be?
Ready, Set, Love?
6. What’s your favorite food/s?
Goldfish Crackers and pickles
7. When you’re not acting, what are you doing?
I’m in Sales!
8. Who’s your biggest inspiration?
Absolutely my wife, Ashley Wickett. She’s the best wife, mother, and friend I could ask for.
9. What is your favourite play and why?
An impossible question! I’ll give you three to narrow it down: Camino Real, The Lion in Winter, and MacBeth
10. Anything you want to say to the audience?